Nintendo Switch Update 11.0.0 Adds Switch Online Hub, Better Cloud Saves, Easier Screenshot Transfers, And Morecrtxz2020-12-01T01:35:00+01:00
Nintendo Switch update 11.0.0 is here, and the latest numbered update makes some big additions. The main one is the addition of a Nintendo Switch Online hub on the main page, but there's plenty of other stuff to dig into.
The new "Nintendo Switch Online" hub button appears on the home screen next to News, and it collects together all of Online's functions and services into one place. This includes a list of smartphone apps, online games, current tournaments, an archive of NES and SNES titles arranged by year, your save data in the cloud, and member offers.
Cloud data will now be automatically downloaded on multiple systems attached to the same account, too. This could be a blessing for anyone using a regular Switch and a Switch Lite in conjunction, as once it's activated save data will jump between the two systems automatically.
A new "Trending With Friends" option is now available on your user page, below "Friend List". It shows what your friends have been playing recently, telling you exactly how many of the folks on your friend list are still regularly playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons and other titles. It tracks who has played over the last ten days, and will tell you the total playtime of the friends listed.
12 new user icons are also added. They're focused on Mario's 35th anniversary, with icons based on Mario's classic appearance right through to Odyssey. You can even use Mario with FLUDD as your icon, if you're a huge fan of Super Mario Sunshine.
Perhaps most useful of all for those who like to share screenshots, it's now much easier to transfer screens and videos from the Switch to other devices. You can copy to a computer via USB, or to a smart device via a QR code.
There are a few other changes introduced here, including download prioritization, the ability to name button remaps, and support for Brazilian Portuguese. You can read the full update notes below.
Nintendo Switch Ver. 11.0.0
Nintendo Switch Online was added to the HOME Menu.
- Access all Nintendo Switch Online services, from getting the latest information to checking your membership status.
*This feature is not available in some countries/regions.
A new feature that automatically downloads backed up save data was added to the Save Data Cloud.
- When using software with the same Nintendo Account linked to multiple systems, save data backed up from one console will automatically be downloaded to your other system(s).
*To use this feature, it must be enabled under System Settings > Data Management > Save Data Cloud.
*Save data will not be downloaded automatically unless save data for that software exists on the console. The first time only, users must download the save data manually.
*A Nintendo Switch Online membership is required to use the Save Data Cloud service.
A new Trending feature was added to the User Page.
- Users can check what software their friends are playing or have started playing recently.
Information will not be displayed for friends who have their online status set to display to no one.
Users can now transfer screenshots and videos from Album to their smart devices.
- Users can wirelessly connect their smart devices to Nintendo Switch to transfer the screenshots and videos saved within their Album.
- For screenshots, users can transfer a maximum of 10 screenshots and 1 video capture at once.
*To connect, users must use their smart device to scan the QR Code displayed on the Nintendo Switch screen.
A new Copy to a Computer via USB Connection feature was added under System Settings > Data Management > Manage Screenshots and Videos.
- Users can use a USB cable to connect Nintendo Switch to their computers to copy the screenshots and videos saved under Album.
* A USB charging cable [model HAC-010] or a USB-IF certified USB cable that supports data transfer is required to connect to a computer.
Users can now select what download to prioritize when there are multiple downloads in progress.
- When there are multiple software, update data, or downloadable content downloads in progress, users can now select which they want to download first.
- You can set this under Download Options by selecting the icon for the software you want to download first on the HOME Menu.
User icons were added.
- 12 user icons that commemorate the 35th anniversary of the Super Mario Bros. series were added.
Users can now name preset button mappings with the Change Button Mapping feature.
Brazilian Portuguese was added as a supported language.
- When users set their region to the Americas and their language to Português, the language used on the HOME Menu and in certain software will be displayed in Brazilian Portuguese.